Eight Best Practices for Health and Wellness
As Lutherans, we understand the value and importance of the rules that guide us. We are to value the lives that we have been given, and one of the way in which we can show that we appreciate this gift is by living in a healthy and whole fashion. Here are some suggestions for being intentional about your health and wellness:
- Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- Love your neighbor as you love yourself—be an example of self-care as well as caring for others.
- Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy—be intentional about time for rest and renewal within your week, church year, and life in ministry.
- Honor your body as a gift from God and temple of the Holy Spirit. Feed it with healthy foods and build your physical and emotional endurance with regular physical activity.
- Honor your mother, father, siblings, spouse, and/or children with your love, respect, and time.
- Reflect your faith and use your gifts in your vocation.
- Develop healthy habits to keep your wholeness wheel in balance and to be fit for ministry of service.
- Equip yourself to use your gifts effectively to proclaim and live out the Gospel in the world.